BSc Physiotherapy programme conducted at Allied Health Sciences Unit attached to Faculty of Medicine Colombo offers the degree as
- General degree (4 year )
The aim of this degree programme is to prepare then student for professional autonomy and excellence in clinical practice. To achieve this aim, the programme provides the student with a strong scientific foundation, a substantial repertoire of physiotherapeutic skills, and facilitates the development of excellent clinical reasoning skills.
- Medium: English
- Entry requirements: Students are selected from University Grants Commission according to the obtained credit at the General Certificate of Advanced Level Examination (GCE/ AL) Sri Lanka.
Course structure: All the modules are included in 5 streams
- Basic Sciences Stream
- Applied Physiotherapy Stream
- Behavioural Sciences Stream
- Clinical Practice Stream
- Research Stream
Students who successfully complete the degree programme can proceed with higher studies in the following path ways and varieties of career opportunities
Post graduate studies
- Post graduate diplomas, Masters Degrees, M.Phil, PhD, Postdoctoral etc
Physiotherapists working in ...
- Rehabilitation centers (Community, Institutional)
- Public health clinics
- Private clinics
- Child development centres
- Industry based clinics
- Recreation centres
- Sports clinics and facilities
- Academic environments
- Research centres