Prof. Hemantha Senanayake
1. A study to develop a symphysiofundal height chart for Sri Lankan mothers
2.A comparison of rapid immunoassay tests for detection of ruptured membranes
Supervisor for the following projects leading to a degree by research:
1. A comparative study of viruses, bacteria and fungi present in placental tissue of women with preeclampsia and normal pregnant women by using molecular genetic techniques by RanmaleeAbeysekera
2. Endometriosis and heavy metal concentrations of blood and ectopic endometrial tissue in Sri Lankans of reproductive age by Dr Nalinda Silva
3. The short and long term effects of vaginal delivery on anal sphincter function by Dr. DakshithaWickremasinghe
1. Long term outcomes in a cohort of Diabetic mothers and their infants managed in a single Sri Lankan unit.
2. Diabetes in pregnancy among Sri Lankan women: gestational or pre-gestational?
3. Prospective study on the role of inflammation on the pathogenesis of Insulin resistance in a cohort of Sri Lankan women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome attending a specialist endocrine Clinic in Colombo.
4. Management outcomes and follow up of a cohort of Sri Lankan women with well characterized polycystic ovary syndrome attending the specialist endocrine clinic of the University Obstetrics & Gynaecology Unit, De Soysa Maternity Hospital