Community service delivery program
Histopathology and cytopathology
- A diagnostic service is provided for specimens recieved from Professorial medical unit, Professorial surgical unit, Professorial gyneacology unit from NHSL, Professorial obstetric unit at DMH, Professorial Peadiatric unit at LRH, Urology ward 22 at NHSL, Dermatolgy unit at NHSL in ward 13 and renal biopsies from all around the country.
- A perinatal autopsy service is provided for all perinatal deaths occuring at DMH and findings are presented at the monthly perinatal mortality and mobidity conference held at DMH.
- Cervical cytology screening and diagnostic service is provided for the National Cervical Cancer control program through the Family Health Bureau of the Ministry of Health.
- A referral service is provided for cases referred for second opinion/ expert opinion by a panel of Departmental pathologists.
Expert opinion is provided in the fields of Renal, Soft tissue, Bone, Genitourinary, Gynaecological, Breast, Thyroid pathology, Dermatopathology, paediatric and perinatal pathology, Cytology includiing cervical cytology.
The following services are available at the haematology section.
- Full blood count
- Blood picture
- Reticulocyte count
- Bone marrow biopsies
- Special tests - PNH, G6PD deficiency, Hereditary spherocytosis, Anti cardiolipin antibodies